current wine status pr-1

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Mon Sep 2 21:43:54 CDT 2002

Paul Millar wrote:

>Hi Tom,
>

>On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, tom wrote:
>

>>Paul Millar wrote:

>>>I'm doing rolling CVS regression/conformance testing and reporting back
>>>whenever something breaks.  How about adding an extra line under the "Wine
>>>Regression Test Suite"?
>>>

>>Hi Paul,
>>
>>Is this ** Part ** of the Regression Test Suite or a different
>>category to add ?
>>

>It could probably be argued either way ... :) In the limited meaning of
>Regression Test Suite, then the answer is no.

<picky>

What we have called in the past as "the regression test suite"  should
be called "the conformance test suite".   One of the things it is
usefull for is to test for regressions but that is only one of its uses.
Its primary purpose is to ensure that the behaviour of the wine API
conforms to that of Windows API.

</picky>

It is great to see this page updated.

Tony Lambregts