[Controversial] Developper only CVS sandbox

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Sep 25 16:33:12 CDT 2002

> I think it's a great idea, even if for the fact that this way
> the changes I make are not sitting on my HD, without backup.

Yup, another nice side-effect.

> Let's not reinvent the wheel, SF is here, allows restricted
> write access which is all we need.

No, I *insist* on restricted read access. The reason is that Wine has
already too many public forks. Let's not confuse things further by adding
yet another one. Imagine the mess if D3D or any other 'sexy' feature is
developped first on this tree and this goes to /. or any other news site...
You will see, all the clueless users will go check out this tree even if
it's labelled 'for developpers only' in big red letters :-)

For me, this tree would only be a stepping stone for developments, people
should never check out the whole tree, only the interesting parts for them
(for example, the dlls/ddraw directory) and work with the 'normal' Wine for
the rest of the files (or with labellized files).

                    Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/