keyboard mapping with XFree86 4.3.0

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at openmediasystem.de
Mon Apr 7 09:58:43 CDT 2003

With XFree86 4.3.0 I experience the message

fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
found!
Using closest match instead (German keyboard layout without dead keys) for
scancode mapping.
Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.

This is very annoying, I can't use the right alt key any more to reach
characters like {,} or [. Very bad for C programming... (I use EditPlus
together with wine).

The Problem can be found with older versions (20020812) as with newer version
(20030317). Here is my keyboard layout from XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "Keyboard"
  Identifier   "Keyboard[0]"
  Option       "MapName" "Standard Keyboard [ pc105 ]"
  Option       "Protocol" "Standard"
  Option       "XkbLayout" "de"
  Option       "XkbModel" "pc105"
  Option       "XkbRules" "xfree86"
  Option       "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

wine -debugmsh +key,+keyboard application outputs:
trace:key:X11DRV_InitKeyboard NumLockMask is 10
trace:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Attempting to match against
"United
States keyboard layout"
trace:keyboard:KEYBOARD_MapDeadKeysym no character for dead keysym 0x0000ff1b
trace:keyboard:KEYBOARD_MapDeadKeysym no character for dead keysym 0x0000ff1b
trace:key:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout mismatch for keycode 11, character 2

Any idea?

Regards, Tim