winetest WineHQ integration

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Thu Dec 4 19:10:54 CST 2003

Hi,

so we should start working out this one, too.  First let me
sketch the present picture.  I've got a directory structure
like this: |
           + 20030829 + 95
           |          + 95_michael
           |          + 98
           |          + 98_joel
           |          + 98_kevin
           |          + etc.
           |          ` 2003s

           + 20030916 (similar)
           ` 20031127 (similar)

That is, one directory for each test collection and one
subdirectory for each submission of it.  For a new
submission I create a directory, copy the results.txt into
it, create a reporter.txt next to it, add it to archs in the
Makefile, and make.  For a new test collection I create
missing.dll.txt's (presently dsound), Makefile and tests.zip
in a new directory.

Changes needed at least:
1. Windows version detected automatically.
2. Tester name and contact (?) included in the results.
3. Automatically generated tags, probably simple incremental
   numbers.
4. Which submission should be the principal one?  The first?
5. Makefile at one level higher, archs variable autodetected.

But before doing anything, we definitely need the opinion of
the website maintainer.  We need a very simple CGI to handle
the file uploads.  Presently it is
<http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/wine/winetest.pl>.  All of
the present machinery is available in that directory:
Makefile, dissect, gather and the other ingredients.  I
don't know much about web design or anything about WineHQ's
inner workings.  What sort of output should we produce?

I think the above is enough for a start...

Feri.