newbie wine developer question

Zimler Attila hijaszu at hlfslinux.hu
Tue Dec 23 15:02:16 CST 2003

Andreas Mohr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 06:31:40PM +0000, Zimler Attila wrote:
>

>>2) I would like to fix some fixme (which I can reproduce), but I don't
>>understand a lot of thins. (I'm new to wine, but not new to C). Could
>>somebody help me to start involved in the development process?
>>

>Please mention several specific FIXMEs that you'd like to work on.
>That's the best way to help you get started.
>
>Andreas Mohr

Hi, In first run I can reproduce the following fixme's:

fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x4036cb78)->(00010021,00000051)
fixme:xvidmode:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:xvidmode:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Need to update SYSMETRICS
after resizing display (now 640x480)
fixme:xvidmode:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:xvidmode:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Need to update SYSMETRICS
after resizing display (now 640x480)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DDHAL_CreatePalette stub
fixme:ddraw:DIB_DirectDrawSurface_Blt dwFlags DDBLT_WAIT and/or
DDBLT_ASYNC: can't handle right now.
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel level=DSSCL_PRIORITY
not fully supported
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawClipper_Initialize
(0x403afce8)->(0x4036cb84,0x00000000),stub!
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open

which one is the most easiest to fix? (i will gladly fix any of them, if
i get help to learning wine code, and the philosophy behind it)

I also looked in the code for the last fixme, but i dont understand what
is the type of the handle. I guess the code between #if 0 and #endif is
not correct, on the first run, I thought a solution like that code:)

Attila ZIMLER