Easy IE installer script

Boaz Harrosh boaz at hishome.net
Wed Dec 24 04:55:45 CST 2003

I have an Idea

What is the version of VC++ you have?

What if you write and compile let's say, a small app that uses MFC and
IE, using the VC++ tool-chain. Than you are a legal distributer of M$
software, end of problem. Do you want that I send you a small windows
app that uses MFC and embeds an IE control that displays an embedded
HTML page. This could be the final step in the installation where you
actually test the installation. It can be a nice HTML with links to the
site and other nice links like winehq.org

About a windows only platforms. They had such an illegal clause in VC6
but they fixed it fast in SP3 and up. If you have VC6 than the SP5 is
free (I think).

By the way, I'll check it later, but I think that if you use IE in your
application than you are allowed to also distribute the IE setup,
provided that you use the original M$ setup where the user presses on
the Agree to the M$ EULA