Easy IE installer script

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Wed Dec 24 06:00:55 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 11:20, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>   I was looking at the MSVC EULA's again. In order for you to nail this
> completely. The M$ license says that you cannot distribute a package
> that equals to the sum of it's parts. You can't just distribute IE MFC
> and so on just by themselves. They must be as a part of a none-trivial
> application with a distinguished new functionality that uses the
> redistributable .

Yikes. That sounds highly dubious indeed - who defines "non-trivial"?
Are they really allowed to enforce this kind of garbage?

> If you want I can send you a flash game. (copyrighted
> to a friend) that can be embedded inside an IE control.Than you have
> installed a game not Just IE and MFC, but you do need them to run the game.

Well, that might be an idea, but I get the distinct feeling that we're
playing games here (no pun intended) - dancing around the wording of a
probably unenforceable document makes me a bit nervous. Who says a game
counts as non-trivial?