Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Feb 27 07:49:55 CST 2003

On February 25, 2003 02:08 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
> ACE is a set of object-oriented
> wrappers around operating system primitives,
> See http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

A perfect test for my winegcc/wineg++ stuff, and
for our C++ Winelib support! I've tried a little
bit, it breaks badly because we use lots of macros
in the msvcrt headers and the code expects functions
(which, unlike macros, respect scope). I've signaled
this problem before, and I've send a patch for
include/msvcrt/io.h transforming those macros into
inline functions, but a lot more is left to do.

That is to say, all things from include/msvcrt/* of the form:

#define isascii __isascii

must become:

static inline int isascii(int c) { return __isascii(c); }

Any takers? :)

--
Dimi.