open source developer tutorial

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Feb 27 14:33:09 CST 2003

Looks good to me, you might want to make it clear that it's for people
who already know the basics of programming.

A note about bugzilla might come in handy also, quite a few major
projects these days prefer patches to be in bugzilla rather than on
mailing lists.

Perhaps also a comment that these days Linux is pretty trivial to
install, using Knoppix you can do software builds and such without even
touching the hard disk iirc.