RDP client under Wine?

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Mon Jan 6 10:09:15 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:36, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine needs to connect to MS Terminal server through his linux
> machines.
>
> There seems to be 3 options:
>
> 1. rdesktop - it runs, but only 8 bit colors and it's pretty slow (on 10MBit
> LAN)
What rdesktop version did you try?
I'm currently running rdesktop-1.1.0-pl19-8-5, and I don't notice a
difference between that and the Microsoft client.  The patch level
releases aren't exactly 'prominently' displayed for download..

I also use it to connect over the Internet to a remote TS, on a 128k
line.  So it shouldn't be a bandwidth issue...

> 2. WinConnect for Linux - costs a fortune - $79.
> 3. MS RDP client through wine - it runs up to the point where you actually
> connect, and then it dies..

I would like this, my current patch level of rdesktop doesn't allow
cut/paste between local and remote.  Maybe a newer version does?

> Regarding option 3 - anyone managed to make it run somehow? any tips would be
> welcome...

Not yet :(

Rick

> Thanks,