RDP client under Wine?

Steve Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Mon Jan 6 10:23:30 CST 2003

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 11:36:20PM +0200, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine needs to connect to MS Terminal server through his linux
> machines.
>
> There seems to be 3 options:
>
> 1. rdesktop - it runs, but only 8 bit colors and it's pretty slow (on 10MBit
> LAN)

Hmm?  Does the '-D' (depth) option to rdesktop not work as intended?  The
manpage also says it autodetects your X session's bit depth and matches
it.  What version of rdesktop are you using?

I've also used rdesktop for remotely administering servers over a 256K
link.  While not speedy, it's definitely more responsive than VNC.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer