Kaleidagraph demo

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Fri Jan 10 05:25:09 CST 2003

Hello Wine developers,

The one program holding back linux adoption in my lab is the application
Kaleidgraph. Kaleidagraph is a graphing application that is avaibable for
Windows and Macintosh.

I've been trying to use Kaleidgraph with wine (wine-20021219) without a
windows installation on the computer. The installation works pretty well:
Kaleigraph is installed, only the installer does not exit cleanly but not
until it asks about displaying the readme file.

Running Kaleidagraph does give quite a few problems. The problems seem to
arise from bugs and not missing features in wine. One bug for example is,
that almost all menu entries are listed twice ("File Edit Gallery ... Windows
Edit Gallery ... Windows Help").

I'd like to help in making this program run by testing with the CVS version
and submitting bugs. However, I think it would be easier if someone more
experienced looks at the program first and irons out the biggest problems,
because they are instantly obvious when you try to run the program with wine.
There is a demo version of Kaleidagraph that can be downloaded for free from
www.kaleidagraph.com.

Best regards, Jos