how cards.dll works

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 20:51:39 CDT 2003

--- Jonathan Wilson <jonwil at tpgi.com.au> wrote:
> After finding out that certain things I did when coding cards.dll (such as
> studying the complete code in a disassembler) mean that any code I write
> for it a potential "derivitave work", I have come up with a descrition that
> is (hopefully) detailed enough to enable someone else with windows GDI
> programming experience to write cards.dll for wine but (hopefully) not
> detailed enough to be considered a "derivitive work"

If you want to send the cards spec, rc, headers and a copy of this letter in a zip to me we can
still create a stub dll that others can work on and implement for ReactOS. If someone does develop
it in our tree then I am sure Alexandre will accept the patch as he didnt seem to have any problem
with the idea of implementing that dll. Just the method you used. I have not been able to get your
GUID generation program to build right in the ReactOS build system as the w32api headers are
incompleate and our system kind of sucks atm. Once this is fixed we can merge that also.

Thanks
Steven