SMP Problems?

OverrideX overridex at punkass.com
Tue Jun 10 02:55:52 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 11:58, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> > err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x40437f48
> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e340 "?" wait timed
> > out, retrying (60 sec) tid=0009
> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x77e340 "?" wait timed
> > out, retrying (60 sec) tid=000c
> > Wine exited with a successful status
>
> Well, if you do not fear huge traces and if the problem occurs too with
> +relay, do a +relay trace and see who created this '0x77e340' critical
> section.
>
> Is it a Wine-internal critical section or one from the game ?
>
>          Lionel

Well, I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but:

0009:Call kernel32.InitializeCriticalSection(0077e340) ret=005bd0fb
0009:Ret  kernel32.InitializeCriticalSection() retval=00000000
ret=005bd0fb

It's probably worth noting that the critical section address is always
the same for these freezes, and that it's always preceeded by a
DSOUND_MixOne underrun.

I tried playing with the +relay, but I only get about 2fps playing the
game so it's pretty hard to play enough for it to freeze (sometimes it's
only a minute or so in, sometimes an hour or more) I played for 15-20
minutes and am feeling pretty nauseas :) the trace file's around 7.2G,
I'll try again a few more times to see if I can get it to freeze, if
there's anything else you want me to show from the trace file or
anything else you'd like me to try please ask away... I find it pretty
strange that this only freezes when in smp mode, I'm planning to try a
2.5.70 kernel soon and see if that causes the same behavior. (currently
on 2.4.20)

By the way, sorry if this list recieved a duplicate of my start to this
thread, I wasn't subscribed when I sent the first one and it didn't show
up in the archive after a few days so I subscribed and resent it, cheers
-Dan

--
OverrideX <overridex at punkass.com>
GPG Key Fingerprint = 4AD5 CE9C D7C8 0069 BDD3 7F72 3AB2 642A 5A5D EB89

Gil-galad was an Elven-king. Of him the harpers sadly sing: the last
whose realm was fair and free between the Mountains and the Sea. His
sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen; the
countless stars of heaven's field were mirrored in his silver shield.
But long ago he rode away, and where he dwelleth none can say; for into
darkness fell his star in Mordor where the shadows are. -- J. R. R.
Tolkien