Middleware regression test suites, e.g. ACE

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Mar 23 18:51:18 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Well, I don't think that's a problem -- we need it only for the varargs
> functions, the inlines work just as well for the vast majority of functions.
> But if import libs are planned in the near future, what about just adding
> a forward in the msvcrt.dll for the varargs functions, as a temporary bandaid?

This won't work, the forwarding needs to be done at link time, not at
run time. Sure you can add the entry points to msvcrt, but then it
won't be compatible with the native one. It seems to me the defines
are fine as a bandaid too; do we have a real life case where the
varargs functions are a problem?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com