New metabugs

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri May 2 12:17:38 CDT 2003

Hatky wrote:
> Ok so mybe the fix-me/stub/unimplemented bugs category
> is a really bad idea but we are having diffrent
> opinions on the more general idea of using metabugs as
> categories...

Hi Hatky,
I appreciate the energy you're bringing to the wine project!

That said, it might be a good idea for you to tread lightly
at least at first in the winehq bugzilla.  Like you, I just
started contributing to a bugzilla (OpenOffice's), and
the guys there are probably as nervous about me messing
with their bugzilla as I am about you messing around in
Wine's bugzilla!  So I'm being cautious, and instead of
creating a metabug right off the bat, I created some canned
queries and links to bugs on my own web site
  (http://www.kegel.com/openoffice/)
to try out my ideas first.  And when the openoffice qa mailing
list folks say "yeah, go ahead and create a metabug", I will -
but one at a time, and gently.

Anyway, don't let me slow you down.  Just remember that
bug tracking is a social issue, and you have to pay attention
to how the other developers feel about it.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Kegel