old addition: winetests

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Nov 10 21:56:15 CST 2003

On November 10, 2003 10:18 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> I am making slow progress with this thing.  It grew sort of
> usable: can be cross compiled and run to produce sensible
> output (tested on XP only).  Present questions:

Looks good, but why did you change it from a cui to a gui?
I guess it's fine, we will want to go down that path eventually...

> 1. How to integrate cross compilation into the Makefile?

That's an interesting question. I suggest we create two .rc
files: winetests-elf.rc and winetests-pe.rc, and we link it
with the other stuff in two executables: winetests and
winetests.exe respectively. Any other ideas?

> 2. It is possible to compile this as a Winelib application,
>    but the spawn call must be modified to invoke Wine
>    instead of the test itself.  Gives better results for the
>    comctl32 tests (DPA import et al.), but is it worth it?
>    Do we need is_elf and friends?

Well, I was hoping that we can have one executable that just
links in with different .rc. In other words, when we compile
main.c (to get main.o) we don't know if we're going to run
a PE or ELF tests.

> 3. How to derive/give the cleaning rules?

What cleaning rules?

> 4. Did Jon Bright contribute his SMTP client in the end?  We
>    could as well use it...  Or would it be better (more
>    reliable) to POST it through HTTP?

Yes, he did send it to me some time ago. What happens now with
the output? We don't seem to be sending it anywhere... I'll
forward it to you in a few moments.

> 5. The #include section at the top of main.c looks weird.
>    (It is the minimum to compile without warnings.)  Maybe
>    mkdir() should be moved into port.h?

Yes, it does. I'm not sure how to cleanly solve the mkdir
problem, they just have conflicting prototypes between OSes...

> 7. Is there a way to get this into CVS after all?

Create a patch and submit it. Let's try to get it into the tree,
so we can close this sucker, otherwise we'll lose steam and who
knows when it will happen.

--
Dimi.