old addition: winetests

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue Nov 11 04:53:52 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Looks good, but why did you change it from a cui to a gui?
> I guess it's fine, we will want to go down that path
> eventually...

Er, I did not.  I think it has been a gui ever since its
birth...

>> 1. How to integrate cross compilation into the Makefile?
>
> That's an interesting question. I suggest we create two
> .rc files: winetests-elf.rc and winetests-pe.rc, and we
> link it with the other stuff in two executables: winetests
> and winetests.exe respectively. Any other ideas?

Sounds good enough.  The question was about the Makefile,
though.  I don't know the build system, unfortunately, so I
don't even know if it has the necessary basis for this.

> Well, I was hoping that we can have one executable that just
> links in with different .rc. In other words, when we compile
> main.c (to get main.o) we don't know if we're going to run
> a PE or ELF tests.

Ok, that will be done.

>> 3. How to derive/give the cleaning rules?
>
> What cleaning rules?

In the Makefile, again.  That's why I added the
PROGRAMS  = winetests.c winetests.rc ...
hack to the Makefile.

>> 4. Did Jon Bright contribute his SMTP client in the end?  We
>>    could as well use it...  Or would it be better (more
>>    reliable) to POST it through HTTP?
>
> Yes, he did send it to me some time ago. What happens now with
> the output? We don't seem to be sending it anywhere... I'll
> forward it to you in a few moments.

Thanks, got it.  Not sure...  Presently, the output simply
stays in the log file (it's not deleted).  It got rid of the
shell dependencies for now.

Feri.