Program linking on Windows with Mingw+MSYS

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Oct 11 18:26:26 CDT 2003

Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> writes:

> It could have just slipped through although I can think of a good
> reason not to apply it now. If would be nice to have the option to use
> either the mingw import libs or WINEs. Our patch does hide the UUID
> problems that exist in w32api shell32.a.

That was my thinking, yes; the Wine programs are already tested
against the Wine libraries when building on Unix, so building with a
different config on Windows lets us find more problems. But if you
really need the patch I can put it in, it's just that it removes some
flexibility.

> The proper solution may be to have a configure switch like
> --use-native-sdk.

With the current setup, the native libs will be used by default, and
you can do "make programs LDFLAGS=-Lpath_to_wine_dlls" to use the Wine
libraries. So both options are easily available.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com