winesetuptk

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Mon Oct 13 08:09:23 CDT 2003

Most normal people (Users) don't want to edit config files or use a shell.
That's why most people don't use linux. Winecfg isn't complete, winesetuptk will
go soon, but in the mean time it's the best way to configure wine. I get emails
all the time from people thanking me for putting winesetuptk on sourceforge,
it's had a lot of downloads, and I don't think we can remove it yet. As soon as
winecfg is ready, I'll hide winesetuptk (That won't work anyway because wine
won't read the config file). Until then, winesetuptk is the only easy way of
configuring wine, and I have no intention of telling users
"Go and edit the config file and add this and remove that and make a system
directory inside the windows directory that's in your fake c:\ drive that the
config file has to point to..." when I can just say "Install winesetuptk, start
it, and follow the on-screen instructions". I don't see how such a good level of
usability can hurt.