EDIT_WM_Create fix.

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 21 08:00:45 CDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:12:20 -0400, you wrote:

> On October 20, 2003 02:55 am, Rein Klazes wrote:
> > I cannot imagine the conformance here to be accidentally "lost". I am
> > not against conformance tests in general, but to protect such simple
> > one-line functionality seems to me a waste of the effort.
>
> Right, but the test would also tell us if all Windows versions
> behaved similarly...

See? You are looking for an if-else-statement yourself. Perhaps there is
not one. And if there is, it may test numerous other things then the
Windows version.

Anyway I have already verified this under win98, win2k and for win16
code (tested that under win2k). Each and every edit control that I threw
at it returned 1 at the wm_create message.

If you are not satisfied try it yourself: fire up spy++ under some winXX
version; select all windows in the system; deselect all messages except
WM_CREATE; do some things that create windows; study the spy's output.
Until now all messages that I have seen that return 1 are edit/combo
controls, and the rest are not.

> In other words, executable code is a lot
> more useful than a comment.

I am not convinced of that and it is not the point: the time to
create/test/excute the test could be used far more better spent (like
tests for things that are known for sure to be non-obvious or complex).

> To put it another way, I think the
> comment belongs with the test :)

I rather have that comments come with the code.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl