[dcom 1.2] Implement dispatch variant marshalling

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Sep 4 15:13:24 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 20:53, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> I'd prefer we don't have there -- they really clutter the code,
> provide a bad example to follow, and provide little, if any,
> benefit. What you can do is put some strategic TRACEs that would
> help someone who knows the code to identify the problem.
> But I wouldn't worry about memory allocation failures...

Another possibility is to have a wine convenience macro, similar to the
glib g_return_if_fail() macro, that works for instance:

wine_return_if_fail_hr(CoDoSomethingCOMRelated())

which expands to
{
   HRESULT hr = CoDoSomethingCOMRelated()
   if (hr != S_OK) { ERR("CoDoSomethingCOMRelated() failed, hr=%ld\n",
hr); return hr;
}

or whatever..... could be convenient, but perhaps too much magic. I'll
drop the ERRs then.

thanks -mike