Help required regarding compilation of windows project in Linux via WineLib

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Fri Sep 5 14:12:40 CDT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Anjan  Sarkar wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using wine for my personal interest and need your help regarding the following problem I have faced.
> I have following configuration,
>
> a) Red Had Linux 9.0

make sure you use --with-nptl when you configure Wine.

> b) Wine (wine-20030813.tar.gz) is extracted in /ww/wine-20030813
> c) It creates a directory /c for windows and /root/.wine

You shouldn't be running as root.

> d) All the bin files are at /usr/local/bin
>
> Wine runs fine in my machine. Now I try to complie windows project in Linux via WineLib.

What windows project? The programs in programs/ get compiled wia Winelib by default.

> I have made the following things,
> copy all the .c, .h, .rc files from programs/winemine dir to programs/winemine2

Why do you do that?

> then from winemine2 run the following commands,
> $ winemaker --lower-uppercase .

Make sure that winemaker is a bit busted as of late.

> $ ./configure --with-wine=/usr/local/wine

Instead, I'd suggest using winegcc, it will find things automatically.
I'm not sure how the winemaker generated configure script works...

--
Dimi.