Unable to cimpile wineproc

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 11 12:53:59 CDT 2003

> It could maybe be done with a full dbghelp implementation, but I think
> it should also be possible to come up with a specialized interface
> just for that need, that should be easier to do. That code is really
> too ugly to get in...
one solution would be to store in wineserver the address of a couple of
helpful internal structures/variables:
- start of list of debug channels
- PEB
- ...
they would be initialized at proc creation and we would get them thru
the get_process_info request.

> Well, it makes sense to knowledgeable Linux users, but that's not
> really our main audience. I was thinking we could find a name that
> would make it a bit clearer to Windows users what this is about.
if we take the windows comparison, that would be taskmanager (taskmgr,
wtaskmgr...)

A+

--
Eric Pouech