Configuration parameters

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Sep 23 09:36:40 CDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
[...]
>   -- Do everybody agree with the "Needed" column? Most importantly,
>      do you see items marked as "cfg" that shouldn't, or items that
>      are not marked as "cfg" and they should? Please take a few min
>      to review the list, so we can have a better idea of what needs
>      to be done in winecfg.

I'm not clear about that one:

> Name     Needed  Dynamic  PerApp Default value
> Managed  no      no       no

Do you mean to remove the option altogether and hard-code it to
'managed'?

While I agree that managed mode is the one true mode, I'm not sure we
can completely remove the unmanaged mode:
 * until the window management rewrite is done we will still have
Z-order issues that require either the unmanaged or desktop mode.
Note that it's not 100% sure that these issues will be solved even
after the window management rewrite.
 * afaik we cannot display the system menu in managed mode, i.e., in
managed mode, clicking on the top-left window corner gives the window
manager menu and not the application specified menu. Fortunately one
very rarely needs this.

                  In a world without fences who needs Gates?