Window style for winhelp not initialized

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Sep 24 14:01:01 CDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Steven Edwards wrote:

> Hello Pavel,
> While you are looking at running the WINE programs under Windows can
> you take a look at the uninstaller program? When I build this program
> with Mingw or MS_VC and try to run it under Windows it crashes. It
> seems somehow it has a problem loading the registry entries in the
> uninstall key. If you run uninstaller on a clean Windows 2000 system it
> will function without crashing but as soon as data is in that registry
> branch it crashes.

HeapReAlloc() crashes because of NULL pointer as the third argument
(tested on Windows 2000).  The patch for uninstaller goes to wine-patches.

It would be nice to have a warning in Wine, but it seems it misuses
HeapReAlloc() internally.

I'll appreciate if anybody checks if RtlReAllocateHeap() also crashes on
the NULL pointer as the third argument.  I cannot use it in programs
compiled with MinGW.  Either I'm doing something stupid or MSVC is needed.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin