Uninstaller crashed on Windows 2000

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 24 14:24:15 CDT 2003

Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> HeapReAlloc() would crash on Windows 2000 is the original pointer is NULL.
> This causes the Andreas Mohr's uninstaller to crash.
there's lot of code which relies on HeapReAlloc would allocate a block
if the block to reallocate is NULL (as realloc does in stdlib).
this is not the case in windows, and we should fix it (and first, fix
all the wine code relying on this)
Dimi, may be something to add to the Janitorial list...

Maybe, we could also keep a least of the most common traps in win32 API
for unix programmers...

A+

--
Eric Pouech