Wineconf 2004, otherwise known as...

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Mon Sep 29 10:45:17 CDT 2003

> Of course, now that I know Lionel is going to host this on the ski slopes,
> I'm beginning to be willing to go over there...<grin>

Now that would be a compelling reason to go to Europe, even if Lionel
snowboards.  No one has mentioned France yet as a location but it seems
like a lot of you live there.

I also know this ski resort in Colorado that has some pretty nice conference
facilities - dedicated T1, wifi, lots of conference rooms.  I think I could
get a good deal on it - probably just for the cost of catering.  For anyone
who skis I can get cheap lift tickets.  Likewise, I can get a deal on
lodging,
but it wouldn't be that great ($80 USD /night or so).

However, I don't think Colorado is as convenient as Minneapolis and the few
$$$ saved on facilities probably wouldn't justify it.  The one nice thing
about Minneapolis is the major airport closeby - Northwest is the major
carrier
there and they partner with KLM.  A quick look on Travelocity shows tickets
for under $600 USD (under 500 Euro?) for airfare from various European
cities
to Minneapolis.

Despite what Jeremy says about Minneapolis, I don't think anyone from Europe
will be surprised by cold temperatures.  If you're used to seeing snow on
the
ground it's not much different.. except for the times when your eyelids
freeze
shut.

I agree with Jeremy that having dual conferences doesn't sound as appealing.

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com