winetest testing

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed Apr 21 07:38:15 CDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> There are some problem with running tests under winetest.
> For instance user/msg test fails when running under it,
> but has no failures if ran as a standalone app.

We know, it's weird. Help fixing them is much appreciated.

> kernel32/pipe test binary is broken. I've recompiled
> it under cygwin from Wine CVS and it works for me without
> any single failure.

But that means that it will use cygwin.dll instead of
msvcrt, which is no good for us I'm afraid.

> Also kernel32/generated test is broken
> due to miscompilation by recent cygwin/mingw compilers.

Is it a compiler or header problem?

> Regarding winetest user interface:
> 1. it's better to make all progress bars have the same size

I can't say that I mind it, really.

> 2. edit windows should be replaced by static controls

I disagree. A read-only edit control is always better for
this type of info (as you can easily copy from it), and it's
standard practice in Windows GUIs.

> 3. main window should be made not resizable, otherwize it's
> ugly

Agreed.

--
Dimi.