Directx9

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 11:49:55 CDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:21:51 +0200, Ivan Leo Puoti <puoti at inwind.it> wrote:
> Things in wine break all the time, users know it and are used to it, if d3d8
> breaks for 3 releases, people will just use an old version until things are
> fixed. Many people stayed at wine-20031212 for months because of regressions

I think that's a bad attitude.  I hear one of two things all the time:
 1. "Wine rocks.  All my windows programs just work."
 2. "Wine sucks.  Nothing will run."

Lots of people install Wine, have a good experience, and never bother
upgrading.  Lots of other people install Wine, have a bad experience,
and never bother trying it again.  Personally, I like to hear stories like #1.

Anyway, that wasn't really what I was getting at.. last spring Lionel
had this to say about a wined3d library:

http://www.winehq.org/?interview=15

It does make sense it could be done incrementally.

-Brian