winetest on wine and todo_wine

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu Feb 10 13:36:45 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:13:21 +0100, Paul Vriens wrote:
> These tests are executed! Any ideas what could be wrong?
>
> If I execute the tests on my Wine box the tests are skipped.

You misunderstood what the meaning of todo_wine is - it doesn't mean
"these tests aren't quite right yet", it means "wine is buggy in this
place". So yes the tests will run on Windows because it's assumed that
every test case proves some fact about the way Windows works. Todo_wine
just stops the test suite complaining if Wine is known to be buggy.

thanks -mike