[ck] Re: Threading issues? [[email protected]: ck Digest, Vol 3, Issue 16]

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed Jan 12 13:02:54 CST 2005

Jeremy White wrote:

> Fourth, the Wine server had an issue with the way it managed
> it request queues.  To be honest, I don't understand this
> bug or the fix; all I know is that Mike McCormack figured
> this one out and posted a magic fix.  This was, I believe,
> the primary reason that the wineserver would chew 100% cpu
> with iTunes.

 From what I understood from him, this had a lot to do with the "epoll"
change I investigated some time back. I'll let Mike say whether that is so.

If it was, it was merely the time it takes to copy the list of file
descriptors to check into kernel space, and the list of modified
descriptors back. I've had a client with this problem a while back.
http://winehq.org/?issue=238#epoll%20(con't)

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh