[winecfg] Show detected audio systems, and offer selection

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:37:53 CST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:55:14 +0000, Mike Hearn <mh at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> I don't think we want to do this, to be honest. The idea for a while has
> been to just delete that tab entirely and have the driver detected at
> runtime automatically. An attempt was made before but Alexandre wasn't
> happy with it. That's what we need to do, rather ask the user questions
> they shouldn't need to care about.

That would be great. But right now we have an autodetect button that
will return the first working driver it encounters and then quits even
when there are multiple available.
And the first in the list would be aRts for most systems. Not really
the preferred one.

Would it be better to add some info to the audio drivers available in
that dialog. Like "Preferred" or "Works best" for example?

Paul