[winecfg] Show detected audio systems, and offer selection

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Jan 27 06:23:51 CST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:03:54AM +0100, Paul van Schayck wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:25:53 +0100 (CET), Francois Gouget
> <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Mike Hearn wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK this already works.
>
> So we can just merge the audio and graphics tab into a "Media" tab and
> put the audio driver selection under an advanced button like in the
> Drives tab? And remove the autodetect button completely?
(replying in cautionary mode again)
Please don't do that!!
Media is sooo descriptive, you know...
Almost as descriptive as Multimedia. *shudder*
Not to mention that this is a *severe* conflict with data storage *media*.

Also, you can bet that in two years the audio area will have some more
(i.e.: too many for one tab) features listed, at which time someone will have
the great "why didn't we think of this before?" idea to split the media tab
up again into its separate parts.

Andreas Mohr