[winecfg] Show detected audio systems, and offer selection

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jan 27 08:30:10 CST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Paul van Schayck wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:25:53 +0100 (CET), Francois Gouget
> <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Mike Hearn wrote:
>>
>> AFAIK this already works.
>
> So we can just merge the audio and graphics tab into a "Media" tab and
> put the audio driver selection under an advanced button like in the
> Drives tab? And remove the autodetect button completely?

I don't know what's the impact on winecfg. All I'm saying is that
normally if you set "Drivers" = "winearts.drv:winealsa.drv:wineoss.drv"
it should try each in turn.

Actually, it does not stop at the first one. It loads all those that
work but that seems right to me: each is exposed to Windows apps and
some apps let you choose which one to use. It's a bit like having more
than one soundcard in your PC. I believe dsound has some problems with
that though.

                   Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95