Q? system wide variables

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 13:44:33 CST 2005

Hi,
    I need to track the 'fake' amount of video memory
in total, allocated and left  for Directx 9 and would
like to track it across wine so that DDraw, DirectX,
DxDiag and X11 driver can all sing from the same song
sheet.

What's the best place to do this? is the registry code
fast enough or should I add a new function to the X11
driver so that I can request and release 'fake' video
memory and make all other AvailableVideoMemory
requests ask X11 driver?

I would expect the use to be able to override by the
initial amount, even if there's code that detects it
since wine,X and openGL manage video memory
differently to windows, direct draw and D3D.