Half-Life 2 / Counter-Strike: Source under Wine

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Sat Jul 16 19:02:06 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 16:34 -0700, James Liggett wrote:
> Wow, you're not kidding... ;-) I did have some better luck with HL2
> deathmatch and CS:Source though. I can create servers and actually try
> to play, but currently the mouse movement is way too sluggish. If you
> give it a second or two to compensate for the slowness, weapon firing
> animations are pretty fluid, but only for a few seconds. You can even
> walk around somewhat. Hey, it's a start :) I can give you some
> screenshots of the multiplayer stuff if you like.

I think the problem is Vertex Shader support (or lack of it)..
in the code I see several versions of the drawprim code,
and I seem to end up in the slowest path (DrawStridedSlow)

Screenshots? Sure, if you want to - send in a private mail.
I'll update appdb if this reflects CVS, rather than Oliver's tree -
which did you test?