operating with non-existent files

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Jul 18 02:13:38 CDT 2005

* On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

> When I operate with "c:\nonexist_subdir" and "c:\\nonexist_subdir"
> then I get two different codes:
> * for the first one HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND),
> * for the second one E_FAIL.
> Do someone know, how native IShellFolder_ParseDisplayName works in the
> case of IDesktopFolder?  I think the double-slash in the filename has
> something to do with object names, but I have no ground here.

Hmm, I noticed calls with double backslashed filenames introduces large
execution delays on winME.  And as GLE is set to ERROR_BAD_NETPATH after a
FindFirstFileA("c:\\\\nonexist", &WIN32_FIND_DATA) call in winME, now I
think earlier mentioned difference may have something to do with UNC
naming.  If second filename somehow gets interpreted as refering to some
servername, then I understand the reason of the delays.

Any ideas on how to should I change the last ok-check in the test [1]?
It fails only on wine.  Would todo_wine be appropriate here?

[1] http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/06/0809.html