winecfg's registry convience functions

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jun 22 03:05:31 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 22:21, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:46:00 +0200, Michael Jung wrote:
> > My question is: Am I doomed to implement the caching on my own for this
> > key, should I generalize the helper functions, or do you think this
> > configuration option should'nt be in winecfg at all?
>
> Well, when would the user ever *not* want this registered?

If you register the extension, you will have the drive letters as well as the
unix filesystem, which is somewhat redundant. Thus I thought we might better
not register it by default and give the user the choice.

In my opinion, the best way would be to have an option under [shell32] which
can be set to show the dos drives, the unix filesystem or both. This could be
set globally or in AppDefaults (and since it would be under HKCU per user).
This would mean some unixfs specific code in the MyComputer shell folder, but
I guess there's no way around this, if we want to be able to hide the drive
letters.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung