Theming for Wine via the registry

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 11:25:58 CST 2005

On Saturday 12 March 2005 14:08, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:16:16 -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> > This thread on the forums caught my attention:
> >
> > http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=86939&highlight=wine#post86939
> >
> > 1) Is there a way we can make Wine respect the current GTK themes?
> > Wasn't someone working on this a while ago?  What's the status?
>
> Yeah, but it's an awful lot of work. It basically means rewriting the Wine
> widget drawing code to support themes, and then writing a uxtheme<->gtk
> bridge layer.

I may look at this in the future, it's important for wine to integrate with any accessibility tools provided by either QT or GTK if wine is to reach UK accessibility requirements,
using GTK and QT widgets seems the best way to do this. has anyone looked at doing this in the past?

> Bridging just the colours is inadvisable. It works OK for the new
> Clearlooks/Human theme but for some themes (eg Industrial) it looks
> horrible. That said we should definitely alter the Wine colour scheme, in
> fact it came up internally in CodeWeavers a few days ago.

Some of the colours can be transferred like window background, to get part of the way there.