Borland C++ Buildeer under Wine

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Mar 13 10:15:48 CST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:35:13 +0000, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> The stack overflow looks like somethings got stuck in
> a loop, which is problably why there were pages and
> pages of messages.

I think this happens when you hit Ctrl-C and the thread the exception is
delivered to is holding the GDI/USER syslevel. The ctrl-c handler provided
by the runtime attempts to open a message box and fails to re-enter the
lower syslevel which in turn triggers the CheckNotLock assertion. That
then throws another exception and we go into an infinite loop.

In other words I think we can ignore this as it only happens when you
press Ctrl-C, something common on Linux but very rare on Windows.

thanks -mike