unix filenames in notepad

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:51:44 CDT 2005

On 5/5/05, wino at piments.com <wino at piments.com> wrote:
> I agree. I would have thought the over-riding principal is to keep
> functionalily as close as possible to windows behaviour to provide the
> closest compatability possible, not to start adding "extentions".
>
> If we need to regularly access another part of the unix file system it can
> be set up as a virtual drive or sim-linked into the .wine file structure.
>
> I dont see a real need for this feature.

We do need this for winecfg. If you want to setup virtual drive you do
want to see the full unix fs. Winecfg needs to have to unix paths.
Putting conversion code in winecfg was not really acceptable, an
extension to was.

This extension will become even more valuable because we want winecfg
(or wine in particular) to start without having any virtual drive.
People might have removed all drives (with winecfg).

Paul