unix filenames in notepad

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Thu May 5 01:35:17 CDT 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 08:06:40 +0200, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You can't type in a unix file path in
> windows, so I don't see why we should allow it in wine.  That is what
> the virtual drives are for.

I agree. I would have thought the over-riding principal is to keep
functionalily as close as possible to windows behaviour to provide the
closest compatability possible, not to start adding "extentions".

If we need to regularly access another part of the unix file system it can
be set up as a virtual drive or sim-linked into the .wine file structure.

I dont see a real need for this feature.

Regards.