Game sound problem with wine 20050310 (Debian testing)

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat May 7 04:49:19 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 10:00:59AM +0200, Paul van Schayck wrote:
> It's quite common to have dsound in emulation (it won't work without).
> This means a lot of load comes down to the cpu, and where perhaps your
> latency comes from.
BTW, I'm planning to implement SetThreadPriority().
Maybe it actually gets called by the game (but at least it should get
called by our multimedia DLLs in recent CVS now).

This could also help a lot, provided that you're running on a
SCHED_ISO and SCHED_BATCH aware kernel...

Of course this SetThreadPriority() implementation wouldn't be perfect,
but at least it would be a first implementation to see whether it helps,
and in that case one could do further discussion with Con Kolivas to try to
make Linux almost fully compatible with the Windows thread priority model.

Andreas Mohr