Wiki stuff

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon May 9 00:42:18 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 13:12 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> More Wiki stuff: for some reason on my browser at least <pre> sections
> aren't showing as a monospace font which makes embedded code hard to read.
> Is this some CSS thing? Firefox renders text/plain files as monospace OK
> so it's not my fonts.

Yes, this is indeed rather strange. We used to have this:

pre {
        padding: 0.5em;
        font-family: courier, monospace;

For whatever reason, asking for courier/monospace for <pre> causes the
browser to display proportional fonts (at least for the two of us).
A fontconfig bug? Anyway, if I comment it out and let the browser use
its default font, it works.

Explanations about why this happens are most welcomed.

--
Dimi.