Add CMD_FONT for all notepad resource files

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Nov 10 11:50:44 CST 2005

Le jeu 10/11/2005 à 00:56, Pavel Roskin a écrit :
> ChangeLog:
>
> 	* programs/notepad/*.rc:
> 	Add CMD_FONT for all notepad resource files where it was
> 	missing.  Ru.rc gets translated version, others get English
> 	version for now.

Please don't do that (copying the English part in all resource files).
The Win32 localization implementation knows how to deal with missing
resources (like menu items) in one language. Basically, the English
version will be used instead. It's just much easier to know where there
are missing parts (programmatically) if the string is absent than if it
is the same as English (which can happen, "OK" is used in a couple
languages).

This is especially true for MENUITEM and STRINGTABLE. It is a bit less
true for DIALOG definitions, as as Dmitry already said, references to
missing items can wreak havoc. And putting the DIALOG definitions in a
common resource file is not doable as item placement/size is dependant
on the translation.

Which brings the next thing: we need a resource editor, if only to help
localization.

Vincent