Steam regression of the day

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 23 10:04:48 CST 2005

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> The networking bug has been fixed, but another problem is that I can't
> see any of the text. Appdb mentions something about installing
> tahoma.ttf from a Windows installation, which makes no sense to me,
> since I could see Steam displayed fine earlier, making this a
> regression. Any suggestions as to what might have caused this (or
> maybe it was a Steam upgrade?).
To provide some more information:

- there are no error messages - I can provide any necessary traces if
you can hint at where the problem might be.
- I can see text during the initial connect screen up to the point
where  the new "skinned" Steam screen appears. I see no text on the
new-look dialog boxes.
- I will try installing tahoma.ttf from a friend's machine, but my point
above was that I've had Steam working without any extra
dlls/fonts/non-wine components, other than the Transgaming version of
the ActiveX control, and the text has only been missing recently.

Any help is appreciated..