Implement directory object in wineserver.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Wed Nov 23 11:26:16 CST 2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2005, 9:59:42 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> writes:

>> Mm I don't want to do that because find_object_dir could and will be used
>> on any object. I'm planning on renaming our current find_object into
>> something like find_object_ns only to be used by objects with their own
>> namespace. And they will use it only in lookup_name.
> I'm not sure there's much point in making all objects directories. It
> would probably be better to have a base directory object with its own
> ops function table.

No, I don't want to make all objects a directory. But I do want to put
all named objects into directories <g>

Basically event, mutex, section, timer, etc can go there with minor
changes to code. Named pipes, mail slots and winstations with desktops
are a bit different. They have their own name space, that I'm planning on
using current namespace mechanism for. With the sample code I've sent to
you some days ago to show how that would work with named pipes.
find_object_dir worked perfectly on named pipes. The problem is object
creation. Actually not a creation itself, but insertion into the local
name space. I need to call different functions to insert an object into
directory or local name space (struct namespace). To do that I will need
to know what object type are we creating and what object type is the
parent.

About RootDirectory part of the OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES: I need to make some
more tests, but so far I see that it have to be a handle (on ntdll side)
to a directory object. Same is also stated on MSDN. Otherwise it fails.