Improve Bugzilla Query page usability by changing default state?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Oct 10 00:45:51 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 13:53 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> My connection is very fast.  One problem is that I'm used
> to quick iterations, and the time to save on the wiki is
> lots longer than the time it takes to save in vi.

This is obviously the case. I can make the saving be a bit
faster for our wiki by giving up on the email notifications
(for whatever reason they take a rather substantial amount of
time). However, is it that much of a problem? I mean, if
you used vi and cvs ci say to maintain the page instead, it
will hardly be any faster (in fact, judging how fast cvs works
against SF or even WineHQ, it will definitely be slower).

I love vi too and I understand your position -- I think
you should use whatever tool you want. However, you were
making a very good point a few days ago about Bugzilla,
saying that "if you really want to help Wine, please do
try to get over your loathing of Bugzilla; it's
a perfectly usable tool once you get used to it."

And hey, MoinMoin is certainly no worse than Bugzilla. :)

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.