Bugzilla administration policies

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:01:32 CDT 2005

On 10/10/05, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

> > I'd like to see metabugs for each DLL or larger area, for instance
> > "Window painting in Wine".
>
> I'm not sure about 'Window painting in Wine', but we could have one
> keyword per dll. Then once a bug is disgnosed down to a specific dll,
> the relevant keyword would be added. This would let developpers with
> specific knowledge of a given dll look for bugs in their domain. This
> would also make the keyword list more intuitive and simpler to maintain.

I agree we should have a either a keyword per dll or a component per
dll.  If I decide to work on shell32 bugs, querying bugzilla for
shell32 should return all shell32 bugs.  Just searching comments or
summary doesn't always catch them, because the reporter might not know
that shell32 is the cause of the problem.  We're pretty close to this
system already with components like wine-ole, wine-richedit,
wine-shdocvw etc, so taking the extra step would be very benificial.

--
James Hawkins